ALERT: Significant snowfall expected
Significant snowfall is occuring and expected to continue on Bowen Island. Crews are plowing and salting roads in the following order of priority:
-Main roads and bus routes
-Secondary roads, once the snow fall has stopped
-Third-priority roads, after the snow fall has stopped and all other main and secondary roads are passable
Please make room for plows. Vehicles parked on narrow roadsides make it difficult or impossible for plows to get through. There are many dead-end roads on Bowen. If a plow is unable to turn around at the end of a road, it can't clear the road.
Property owners are responsible for making sure the sidewalks next to their property are kept clear of snow and ice, to ensure the safe passage of pedestrians.
Grants for the Community
Bowen Island Municipality may make contributions to the general interest and advantage of the Bowen Community through a program of Grants. Over and above the core functions of providing municipal services, the Municipality may assist local not-for-profit organizations that propose, through projects and/or programs, to improve the well being of the Bowen Island Community as a whole. All grants are contingent upon provision being included in the Bowen Island Municipality's annual operating budget.
There are three types of Grant funding established (please refer to the policies for more detailed information):
- Typically for amounts up to $2,000
- Two cycles have been established:
- Spring Cycle - 2018 Deadline for receipt of application is April 03, 2018
- Fall Cycle - Deadline for receipt of application is September 30 each year
- Typically for amounts over $2,000
- 2018 Deadline for receipt of application is April 03, 2018
Apply for a Community Grant or Grants-In-Aid:
Community Organization Multi-Year Core Funding
- Facilitates multi-year funding
- Deadline for application is July 31, 2018