ALERT: Significant snowfall expected
Significant snowfall is occuring and expected to continue on Bowen Island. Crews are plowing and salting roads in the following order of priority:
-Main roads and bus routes
-Secondary roads, once the snow fall has stopped
-Third-priority roads, after the snow fall has stopped and all other main and secondary roads are passable
Please make room for plows. Vehicles parked on narrow roadsides make it difficult or impossible for plows to get through. There are many dead-end roads on Bowen. If a plow is unable to turn around at the end of a road, it can't clear the road.
Property owners are responsible for making sure the sidewalks next to their property are kept clear of snow and ice, to ensure the safe passage of pedestrians.
Purpose of the Commission:
The purpose of the Heritage Commission is to provide advice to Council on heritage conservation and promotion matters and to undertake and provide support for such activities that benefit and provide for the advancement of heritage within Bowen Island Municipality.
- Councillor Maureen Nicholson, Chair
- Melissa Harrison, Vice Chair, Bowen Heritage
- Catherine Bayly, Bowen Island Museum and Archives
- Rondy Dike, Member at Large
- Allie Drake, Bowen Heritage
- Rob Forbes, Bowen Island Museum and Archives
- Dave Pollard, Bowen Island Arts Council
- Josephine Riley, Member at Large
- Andrew Todd, Bowen Island Museum and Archives
- Peter Vaisbord, Bowen Heritage
- Emma Chow, Island Community Planner 1, Staff Liaison
To contact the Heritage Commission please email: HC@bimbc.ca.
BC Heritage Branch, Guidelines for Writing Effective Statements of Significance
Canadian Register of Historic Places, Writing Statements of Significance
Canada's Historic Places, The Canadian Register
City of North Vancouver, Heritage Pages with Link to 2013 Heritage Register
District of West Vancouver, Heritage Register
District of West Vancouver, Heritage Webpage