ALERT: Significant snowfall expected
Significant snowfall is occuring and expected to continue on Bowen Island. Crews are plowing and salting roads in the following order of priority:
-Main roads and bus routes
-Secondary roads, once the snow fall has stopped
-Third-priority roads, after the snow fall has stopped and all other main and secondary roads are passable
Please make room for plows. Vehicles parked on narrow roadsides make it difficult or impossible for plows to get through. There are many dead-end roads on Bowen. If a plow is unable to turn around at the end of a road, it can't clear the road.
Property owners are responsible for making sure the sidewalks next to their property are kept clear of snow and ice, to ensure the safe passage of pedestrians.
If you are looking for an archive that does not appear on this page, please contact the Planning Department.
Snug Cove Planning
- Bowen Island Municipality Snug Cove Action Plan: Ferry Marshalling Options for Snug Cove, December 2006
- Snug Cove Action Plan- Reshaping Snug Cove: A Framework for Taking Action, July 2006
- Snug Cove Master Plan: Eco-Village in the Park, A Blueprint for a sustainable Island, January 2008
- High Resolution Map
- High Resolution Plan
- The Walkable Village Report to Council from the Advisory Planning Commission, March 2010
- Ferry Marshalling Review- Analysis of Options , October 2010
- Ferry Marshalling Review- Interim Report, June 2010