ALERT: Significant snowfall expected
Significant snowfall is occuring and expected to continue on Bowen Island. Crews are plowing and salting roads in the following order of priority:
-Main roads and bus routes
-Secondary roads, once the snow fall has stopped
-Third-priority roads, after the snow fall has stopped and all other main and secondary roads are passable
Please make room for plows. Vehicles parked on narrow roadsides make it difficult or impossible for plows to get through. There are many dead-end roads on Bowen. If a plow is unable to turn around at the end of a road, it can't clear the road.
Property owners are responsible for making sure the sidewalks next to their property are kept clear of snow and ice, to ensure the safe passage of pedestrians.
Bowen Island Municipality policies provide direction on administrative procedures and help guide future decisions of Council and Staff.
The online versions of policies are provided for information and convenience purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of these onlinedocuments.
Certified copies can be obtained from the Administration Department at Municipal Hall. Bowen Island Municipality will in no event be liable or responsible for damages of any kind arising out of the use of online policies. For any inquiries, please contact the Administration Department.
- Bowen Island Affordable Housing Policy
- Bowen Island Brand Assets Policy
- BowENS Use Policy
- Bylaw Services Investigation Policy
- Collaborative Projects Policy
- Collection of Fines Policy
- Communicating with the Public
- Community Grants Policy
- Community Organization Multi-Year Funding Policy
- Community Recreation Advertising Policy
- Council Remuneration Policy
- Economic Development Policy – Planning Department
- Filming Policy
- Fire Department Volunteer Policy
- Green Building Standards
- Guiding Principles for Planning and Budgeting Decision-Making
- Heron Policy
- Local Service Area Expansion Policy
- Municipal Library Operating Guidelines
- Noise Control Exemption Policy
- Permissive Tax Exemptions Policy
- Personnel Policy
- Purchasing Policy
- Snug Cove Village Plan Policy
- Staff Compensation Policy
- Utility Charge Adjustment Policy