Bowen Island Community School, known as BICS, is part of the West Vancouver School District. BICS provides outstanding learning for children and youth from kindergarten to grade 7.
- Most high school students attend West Vancouver’s Rockridge Secondary School, Sentinel or West Van High. (Students travel free on the ferry.)
- French Immersion at Pauline Johnson in West Vancouver is an option for middle school.
- Island Pacific School, a private day school on Bowen, takes up to 70 grade 6 to 9 students.
- Some elementary and high school students attend private schools in West Vancouver.
- The Island Discovery Learning Community offers programs focused on child-led learning as well as support for full or part-time home-learning families.
- Bowen Island Preschool and Bowen Island Montessori Preschool both offer early childhood learning.
- Bowen Children’s Centre, home to the Preschool, also provides community daycare and runs the “After School Club.”
(Content from the Community Profile published in 2016)
Last Updated on 2018-01-04 at 3:18 PM