Ways You Can Pay
We offer a number of convenient ways you can pay your taxes and water bills.
Payments for violation notices (e.g parking tickets), permits and moorage can only be accepted in person or by mail.
It's easy to make payments through your financial institution if you want to pay online or by telephone banking.
Please note: we do not accept Interac e-Transfers.
Add Bowen Island Municipality - Property Tax as a payee. Use your roll number as the account number.
Add Bowen Island Municipality - Utilities as a payee. Use the last four digits of your account number on your water bill.
Once you're set up, just pay as you would any other bill.
You can make payments in person at Municipal Hall, 981 Artisan lane. We're open Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. We're closed on weekends and statutory holidays.
We accept cash, cheque or debit at the reception counter. Sorry, we do not accept credit cards at this time.
Need to make a payment after hours?
You can make payments by cheque using our 24 hour drop box, located to the left of the main entrance, on the porch.
You can send cheque payments by mail to:
Bowen Island Municipality
981 Artisan Lane
Bowen Island BC V0N 1G2
- Please make your cheque payable to Bowen Island Municipality, and include the remittance slip from your tax notice or water bill. If you don't have the remittance slip, please write your roll number or account number in the memo area of the cheque.
- We accept post-dated cheques.
- Please allow adequate mailing time to ensure your payment makes it to us by the applicable deadline. We do not accept post marks as proof of on-time payment. Mail delayed by Canada Post will be considered late and subject to penalty.
- Do not mail cash.
We do not recommend making payments using third party service providers. This information is being provided only for the convenience of property owners who wish to use a credit card to pay for property taxes and utility bills only.
PLASTIQ offers credit card payment processing of Property Tax and Utility Payments for an additional fee. To make a payment by credit card, you may visit PLASTIQ on line. You are responsible for ensuring you are using the correct property tax roll number number or utility account number.
- Bowen Island Municipality neither endorses, nor has an established business relationship with PLASTIQ or any other third party payment providers.
- You will be charged a fee by third-party payment service providers should you choose to use the service.
- Additional cash advance or other fees may be charged by your credit card company. The transaction may not be eligible for points or rewards. Please contact your credit card provider to confirm reward eligibility or if additional fees apply.
- You will be required to create an account with the third party payment processor, and agree to the third party’s terms and conditions to use the service.
- The transaction is not instantaneous. The transfer will typically take up to 7 days but could be longer. You are responsible to ensure that your payment is received by the due date; otherwise, Bowen Island Municipality will charge a late payment penalty of 5% on unpaid taxes.
- Eligible property owners must still apply for their home owner grant.
Last Updated on 2018-01-04 at 1:54 PM