The Administration Department supports legislative matters and decisions of Council and its committees, while providing a communications link between Council, departments and the public through the provision of services related to legislation, and statutory process and procedures.
- provides legislative and administrative support to Mayor and Council and other municipal departments
- supports and manages the Council meeting process, and all meetings of Municipal Committees including agenda production and recording the official minutes of Council business
- ensures consistent internal and external communications of the municipality;
- manages the bylaw process and bylaw and document certification, administers and maintains corporate policies, and executes legal documents on the Municipality’s behalf; and
- manages compliance and fulfils requests under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Administration Team
Chief Administrative Officer: is appointed directly by Council, and is responsible for implementing Council’s vision, plans and priorities by ensuring effective policies are in place and adhered to. The CAO also provides leadership enabling an engaged and productive Municipal workforce and promotes continuous improvement efforts, encouraging the organization to improve and excel.
Corporate Officer: Reports directly to the CAO, and is responsible for administrative details including maintaining municipal registry for bylaws, agreements, contracts and policies; ensures accurate and safe storage of municipal records and correspondence; and supervises the preparation, assembly and production of agendas for Council meetings in consultation with the Mayor and CAO. The CO also ensures the Statutory Legislation under the Community Charter are met and acts as the Head in processing requests under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Deputy Corporate Officer & Communications Coordinator: Coordinates all municipal messaging to the public and internal staff in regard to municipal matters, this includes weekly ads in the Island Page, Facebook, Twitter, Bowen Forum and other applicable social media outlets. Coordinates messaging and communications strategies for municipal projects.
Committee Clerk & Economic Development Liaison: Responsible for all committee related functions including agenda creation, minute-taking, scheduling and general administrative support. Assists the Economic Development Committee by providing professional support, including event planning and implementation, disseminating information and other tasks as required by the Committee.
Administrative Assistant: Greets the public and attends to general inquires, including providing information and assistance on general matters related to the municipality. Works alongside the Corporate Officer and the Communications Coordinator, assisting with agenda preparation, recording of minutes, preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings, maintaining records and other administrative tasks as required.
Last Updated on 2019-09-27 at 2:48 PM