Committee meetings cancelled
All non-essential committee meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
Please check the meeting schedule for updates.
Committees seeking members
Bowen Island Municipal Council is seeking members for the following advisory Committees:
Parks, Trails and Greenways Advisory Committee (PTGAC) – Meets monthly in the evening on Tuesdays along with walkabouts.
Finance Advisory Committee (FAC) - Meets approximately four times a year in the late afternoon.
Environment and Climate Action Advisory Committee (ECAAC) – Meets monthly in the evenings on Thursdays.
Community Economic Development Committee (CEDC) - Meets monthly on Monday mornings.
Advisory Design Panel (ADP) - Meets approximately four times a year in the evenings.
Heritage Commission (HC) - Meets approximately four time a year in the evenings.
Housing Advisory Committee (HAC) - Meets monthly during the day.
Human Resources Committee (HRC) - Meets as needed during the day.
Transportation Advisory Committee (BIMTAC) - Meets monthly on Tuesday evenings.
Cove Bay Water System Local Advisory Committee (CB WS LAC) - Meets approximately four times per year when convenient for members.
If you are interested in joining a Committee, please fill in this application form and submit it by email by to Stef Shortt, Committee Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also obtain a paper copy of the application form from Municipal Hall at 981 Artisan Lane. For questions, please call Stef at 604-947-4255.
What is a committee?
Committees are established by Council to assist and provide opportunities for public involvement in municipal matters. Committees are advisory in nature and function within the authority set out in their Terms of Reference or by Establishment Bylaw. When citizen representatives are appointed, they serve in a voluntary capacity and bring local knowledge, expertise and experience to specific areas of municipal concern. Committees support Council in other ways as well - through fostering the spirit of volunteerism in the community, extending the capability of Council and staff to take on additional tasks and inviting community input, commitment and support throughout the process.
For more information about each Committee, please select a Committee from the list below.
Committee meetings are open to the public, unless the topic relates to a subject included in Section 90 of the Community Charter. In such cases, meetings will be closed to the public. Minutes of each regular committee meeting are approved by the elected Chair and the committee and are then forwarded to Council.
If you do not see a video link for the meeting you are looking for, try going to the committee page (listed on the left) or go to our YouTube channel.
- Advisory Design Panel
- Advisory Planning Commission
- Blue Water Park Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Board of Variance
- Bowen Bay Water System Advisory Committee
- Communications Team
- Community Centre Select Steering Committee
- Community Grants Advisory Committee
- Cove Bay Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Eagle Cliff Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Community Economic Development Committee
- Emergency Program Committees
- Environment and Climate Action Advisory Committee
- Finance Advisory Committee
- Fire Hall Facilities Steering Committee
- Heritage Commission
- Hood Point Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Housing Advisory Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- King Edward Bay Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Lands
- Parks, Trails and Greenways Advisory Committee
- Public Art Advisory Committee
- Recreation & Community Services Commission
- Snug Cove Improvements Working Group
- Snug Cove Sewer System Local Advisory Committee
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Tunstall Bay Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Past Committees
Last Updated on 2020-03-24 at 12:01 PM