Committees are established by Council to assist and provide opportunities for public involvement in municipal matters. Committees are advisory in nature and function within the authority set out in their Terms of Reference or by Establishment Bylaw. When citizen representatives are appointed, they serve in a voluntary capacity and bring local knowledge, expertise and experience to specific areas of municipal concern. Committees support Council in other ways as well - through fostering the spirit of volunteerism in the community, extending the capability of Council and staff to take on additional tasks and inviting community input, commitment and support throughout the process.
For more information about each Committee, please select a Committee from the list below.
Committee meetings are open to the public, unless the topic relates to a subject included in Section 90 of the Community Charter. In such cases, meetings will be closed to the public. Minutes of each regular committee meeting are approved by the elected Chair and the committee and are then forwarded to Council.
If you do not see a video link for the meeting you are looking for, try going to the committee page (listed on the left) or go to our YouTube channel.
- Advisory Design Panel
- Advisory Planning Commission
- Blue Water Park Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Board of Variance
- Bowen Bay Water System Advisory Committee
- Communications Team
- Community Centre Select Steering Committee
- Community Grants Advisory Committee
- Cove Bay Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Eagle Cliff Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Emergency Program Committees
- Environment and Climate Action Advisory Committee
- Finance Advisory Committee
- Fire Hall Facilities Steering Committee
- Heritage Commission
- Hood Point Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Housing Advisory Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- King Edward Bay Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Lands
- Parks, Trails and Greenways Advisory Committee
- Recreation & Community Services Commission
- Snug Cove Improvements Working Group
- Snug Cove Sewer System Local Advisory Committee
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Tunstall Bay Water System Local Advisory Committee
- Past Committees
Last Updated on 2018-09-04 at 11:40 AM