Emergency Operations Centre
The Bowen Island Municipality Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) is not activated at this time.
An EOC supports and coordinates the overall emergency response activities within its jurisdiction. An EOC is set up away from the incident site, ideally in a pre?designated facility, and is normally activated at the request of the incident commander or a jurisdiction’s senior official.
Roles of the Bowen Island Municipality EOC include:
• Assess the situation
• Provide support to the first responders, including resources
• Provide public information, including media briefings
• Coordinate the provision of food, clothing, shelter and transportation
• Liaise with volunteer groups
• Provide situation reports to the PREOC
• Submit Resource Requests when jurisdictional resources are exhausted or unable to fill the need
• Track finances
• Coordinate recovery and prioritization of essential services
• Coordinate community recovery efforts
• Exercise additional emergency powers as required
Last Updated on 2021-07-07 at 2:22 PM