ALERT: New Province-wide COVID-19 restrictions in effect
By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), all individuals, places of work and businesses in B.C. must significantly reduce their level of social interactions and travel to prevent the spread of COVID-19, effective now and until December 7, 2020. Please see the BC COVID-19 Resources page for full details.
Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Lands
Purpose of the Committee:
The Committee will provide advice and recommendations to Council that:
- Ensures community benefits result from the Community Lands.
- Develops a high-level overview of the best uses of the Community Lands.
- Reviews the characteristics of specific areas of the lands and relate those characteristics to the utilization of the lands for community purposes and their marketability.
- Develops a market valuation process.
- Identifies lands that should remain in a land bank for future community use.
- Helps set priorities and a timeline for the lease and/or sale of some of the lands.
- Identifies a target for funds to be raised from the sale of some of the lands.
- From the sale of some of the lands, pays down some of the municipal debt.
- From the sale of some of the lands, secures funds to support the development of community amenities.
- Mayor Gary Ander, Chair
- Frits de Vries
- Tom Swann
- Dennis Wilson
- Councillor David Hocking
- Councillor Maureen Nicholson
- Liam Edwards, Chief Administrative Officer (Staff Liaison)
- Raj Hayre, Chief Financial Officer (Staff Liaison)
- Daniel Martin, Manager of Planning and Development (Staff Liaison)
- John Reid*
To contact the Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Lands, please email: MSCCL@bimbc.ca.
Housing on Bowen (August 2016)
Agendas and Minutes
Last Updated on 2020-05-15 at 3:18 PM