Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Lands
Purpose of the Committee:
The Committee will provide advice and recommendations to Council that:
- Ensures community benefits result from the Community Lands.
- Develops a high-level overview of the best uses of the Community Lands.
- Reviews the characteristics of specific areas of the lands and relate those characteristics to the utilization of the lands for community purposes and their marketability.
- Develops a market valuation process.
- Identifies lands that should remain in a land bank for future community use.
- Helps set priorities and a timeline for the lease and/or sale of some of the lands.
- Identifies a target for funds to be raised from the sale of some of the lands.
- From the sale of some of the lands, pays down some of the municipal debt.
- From the sale of some of the lands, secures funds to support the development of community amenities.
- Mayor Gary Ander, Chair
- Frits de Vries
- Tom Swann
- Councillor David Hocking
- Councillor Maureen Nicholson
- Liam Edwards, Chief Administrative Officer (Staff Liaison)
- Chief Financial Officer (Staff Liaison)
- Daniel Martin, Manager of Planning and Development (Staff Liaison)
To contact the Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Lands, please email: MSCCL@bimbc.ca.
Housing on Bowen (August 2016)
Agendas and Minutes
Last Updated on 2021-12-21 at 10:58 AM