Businesses operating on Bowen Island need a business licence. This applies to commercial, home-based, non-profit and contractor businesses. This also applies to off-island businesses that are coming into the community to perform work.
Types of businesses that need a licence
- Commercial businesses such as grocery stores, restaurants, retail stores and farm stores
- Bed & Breakfast accommodations
- Home-based businesses such as hair salons, accountants and craftsperson workshops (note, there are different fees for home-based businesses, depending on whether the business has hours open to the public)
- Non-profit organizations (no fee required)
- Off-island businesses that are performing work on Bowen Island