Apply for your Business Licence

Jun 25 2019

Businesses operating on Bowen Island need a business licence. This applies to commercial, home-based, non-profit and contractor businesses. This also applies to off-island businesses that are coming into the community to perform work.

Types of businesses that need a licence

  • Commercial businesses such as grocery stores, restaurants, retail stores and farm stores
  • Bed & Breakfast accommodations
  • Home-based businesses such as hair salons, accountants and craftsperson workshops (note, there are different fees for home-based businesses, depending on whether the business has hours open to the public)
  • Contractors
  • Non-profit organizations (no fee required)
  • Off-island businesses that are performing work on Bowen Island

Read more