Next phase of Cardena construction
The next phase of construction for Cardena safety improvements began September 9 and is estimated to take up to 11 weeks. The 3 hour parking spaces on Cardena will be closed for the duration of the project, and the ferry passenger pickup/drop-off area may be temporarily relocated to the west side of the library parking lot. Please follow the direction of signage and traffic controllers.
The bus stop on Cardena may be temporarily relocated during phases of the project but will otherwise remain in the same spot. Traffic control personnel will be present during all phases of work and will assist turnaround of buses.
Construction update as of October 20, 2019
Road work on Cardena Drive continues after a brief delay due to weather.
Work completed to date:
- surveyed layout
- clearing and grubbing to limits of the construction
- construction signage and traffic control in place and functioning well
- installation of underground storm drainage and catch basins
- layout for East side of Cardena parking pullout, new sidewalk and roundabout
- pouring segments of concrete for curb and gutter
Work yet to be completed:
- finish curb and gutter
- sub-base prep for asphalt sidewalk
- sub-base prep for road
- sub-base prep for roundabout
- laying of asphalt for sidewalk, road and roundabout
The completion of the project is likely to be extended to 11 weeks due to inclement weather.