Amendments to the Official Community Plan and the Land Use Bylaw are being considered by Bowen Island Council for a series of properties surrounding Grafton Lake in the centre of Bowen Island.
Highlights of the proposed development include:
- Permit the development of up to 120 market dwelling units;
- Provide 45 units of affordable housing, in a mixture of rental and home ownership dwellings;
- Allow for Recovery Care Housing on the site of the Orchard Recovery Centre, and allow for up to 18 clients on their site;
- Dedicate 91-hectares (227 acres) of land as a Nature Preserve; and
- Provide land for a municipal water treatment plant to serve the Cove Bay Water System