Residential guest accommodations require a business licence

Jun 3 2021
Updated: Jun 3 2021

Residential Guest Accommodations (RGAs), a type of Short Term Rental, are permitted to operate on Bowen Island. RGA use allows rental of an entire dwelling for periods of less than 30 consecutive days.

Regulation of RGAs protects neighbourhoods and long-term housing while contributing to the accommodation sector, facilitating community economic development and ensuring operator accountability.

Operators of Residential Guest Accommodations must:

  • Have a valid business licence
  • Operate no more than 120 days per year
  • Have at least one on-site parking space per bedroom used for RGA
  • Have no more than two adult guests per bedroom used for RGA
  • Have a designated individual available 24 hours a day to respond to complaints within two hours.

Read more