The provincial government has established a Rental Housing Task Force, and is seeking input from the public which will include:
- Talking to the public, rental housing providers, renters and stakeholders on their views and experiences with current tenancy laws and processes;
- Speaking with Manufactured home park tenants, and owners about improvements to Manufactured Home Park legislation;
- Identifying options to improve security and fairness for both renters and rental housing providers, while addressing the challenges of affordability;
- A review of the existing laws and how they apply to different housing situations; and
- A review of innovative approaches in other jurisdictions.
The public engagement will include meetings with organizations, community meetings in 11 locations, submissions from organizations, and an online discussion that will be open until July 6 at 4 p.m.
Read more at https://engage.gov.bc.ca/rentalhousingtaskforce