Bowen Island Municipality Finance & Administration department has an immediate opening for a full-time Financial Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the position will be responsible for:
- Assisting with maintenance and improvement to the financial accounting system
- Analyzing and interpreting financial and budget information
- Oversight and support for the payroll and benefits system
- Analysis and reconciliation of various accounts
- Statutory remittances including quarterly GST Rebate Claims
- Providing accounting support and recommendations to various municipal departments
- Ensuring timely processing of accounts payable, cash receipts, bank reconciliations investment reporting and journal entries
- Preparation of year end working papers and assisting with preparation of financial statements
- Liaison to external auditors
- Oversight of property taxation function
The preferred candidate will possess considerable knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards, of the basic principles and standards of municipal accounting, and rules and regulations which govern departmental activities.
The successful candidate has completed or is near completion of a professional accounting designation with related work experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience preferably in a municipal setting. Strong Microsoft office and Enterprise Resource Management skills would be considered an asset.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email by November 22nd, 2019 at 4:00 PM to:
Chief Financial Officer
We thank all applicants, but only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.