The Bowen Island Municipality Planning and Development department has an immediate opening for a permanent full-time Planning Clerk, five days per week from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning and Development, the position will be responsible for:
- Providing information to the public related to permits and related bylaws for building and planning issues, zoning, development permits, and development variance permits.
- Variety of correspondence, reports, permit statistics and related material.
- Assisting in receiving and processing various Planning related applications. Submits permits and notices of permits to the Land Titles Office for registration and is responsible for all correspondence between the Planning Department and clients.
- Processing and maintaining an appropriate filing system for the departments including maintaining, updating and filing legal plans.
- Preparing location maps and distributing packages to referral agencies.