Permissive Tax Exemptions
Section 224 of the Community Charter gives Council the authority to exempt certain properties from municipal property taxes. Council considers Permissive Tax Exemptions for non-profit organizations that contribute to the well being of Bowen Island residents and makes improvements to their quality of life.
Organizations thinking of applying for a Permissive Tax Exemption must successfully meet the criteria as outlined in the Permissive Tax Exemption Policy.
Applications are due by 4:30 pm on June 30 every year.
2016 Permissive Tax Exemption Applications
- Bowen Children's Centre
- Bowen Island Museum and Archives
- Bowen Island United Church
- Camp Bow-Isle
- Holy Trinity Church
- Rivendell Retreat
- Royal Canadian Legion Brach #150
- Smooth Stones Foundation (Cates Hill Chapel)
- Smooth Stones Foundation (Island Pacific School)
- Seymour Bay Foundation
- Tir-Na-Nog Theather School Society
Last Updated on 2018-05-28 at 3:23 PM