There is no curbside collection of recyclable materials on Bowen Island.
You can bring your recyclables to Bowen Island Recycling Depot (BIRD) which is operated by Bowen Waste Solutions (BWS). We contract BWS to receive, handle and transport recyclable materials to Metro Vancouver.
Temporary limitations and procedures during COVID-19
Upon entry to BIRD, vehicles will be directed by staff to the parking area. A maximum of 2 vehicles will have access to the building at one time, allowing for physical distancing requirements.
The following temporary limits and procedures are required for a timely servicing of the public.
- All recyclables must be CLEAN and PRE-SORTED for efficiency.
- 1 person per vehicle can enter the building. Please ensure children and pets remain in the vehicle.
- 5 minute sorting time per vehicle.
- Maximum 4 containers per vehicle.
REFUNDABLE CONTAINERS (Effective Friday, April 24, 2020)
Refundable containers are glass or plastic soda, water, juice, wine, beer, and liquor containers that you pay a deposit on when purchasing.
The refundable collection area will be located outside the building in the parking lot for BIRD. Please follow the direction of staff on site.
- All refundable containers will be CLEAN and PRE-SORTED.
- 1 person per vehicle. Please ensure children and pets remain in the vehicle.
- 5 minute drop off time per vehicle.
- Maximum 2 shopping bags/boxes per vehicle.
ELECTRONICS (Effective Friday, April 24, 2020)
Electronics will continue to be collected inside BIRD in the usual location (DROP OFF ONLY).
BWS would like to thank residents for their patience, cooperation and support while we navigate these challenging times.
Please visit the updated BIRD website for NEW information and guidelines regarding garbage, organic and recycling service.
For further info or inquires, please contact Bowen Waste Solutions at 604-947-2255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated on 2020-04-21 at 9:18 AM