ALERT: New Province-wide COVID-19 restrictions in effect
By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), all individuals, places of work and businesses in B.C. must significantly reduce their level of social interactions and travel to prevent the spread of COVID-19, effective now and until December 7, 2020. Please see the BC COVID-19 Resources page for full details.
Bowen Island Community School, known as BICS, is part of the West Vancouver School District. BICS provides outstanding learning for children and youth from kindergarten to grade 7.
- Most high school students attend West Vancouver’s Rockridge Secondary School, Sentinel or West Van High. (Students travel free on the ferry.)
- French Immersion at Pauline Johnson in West Vancouver is an option for middle school.
- Island Pacific School, a private day school on Bowen, takes up to 70 grade 6 to 9 students.
- Some elementary and high school students attend private schools in West Vancouver.
- The Island Discovery Learning Community offers programs focused on child-led learning as well as support for full or part-time home-learning families.
- Bowen Island Preschool and Bowen Island Montessori Preschool both offer early childhood learning.
- Bowen Children’s Centre, home to the Preschool, also provides community daycare and runs the “After School Club.”
(Content from the Community Profile published in 2016)
Last Updated on 2018-01-04 at 3:18 PM