Bowen Island Municipality Emergency Program
The Emergency Program plans for the response to and recovery from emergencies and disasters in order to help to protect the health and safety of Bowen Island residents.
ESS Meeting - Second Tuesday monthly
First Aid with Amanda Ockleon - Saturday, Nov 17th, 2018
Half Day CPR/AED course
This course provides the skills needed to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies and choking for adults, children, and babies, including training in the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Course will train participants to treat victims in the following emergencies:
- Unconscious breathing and non-breathing victims
- Cardiac arrest
- Conscious and unconscious obstructed airway (choking)
- External bleeding
- Cardiovascular emergencies including heart attack, angina, stroke and TIA
- Respiratory emergencies such as hyperventilation, asthma and anaphylaxis
No Charge for Emergency Program Volunteers
Contact the Emergency Program Coordinator to register
Rapid Damage Assessment - Friday, January 18th, 2019
8:30am to 12:30pm at Bowen Island Municipal Hall
This 4 hour course teaches advanced skills to identify unsafe conditions in wood frame, masonry
and concrete construction caused by floods, earthquakes or windstorms. Individuals learn to
assess damage to determine whether buildings can be occupied. BC Housing's rapid inspection
skills are taught using the Applied Technology Council 20 & 45 guidelines from California. Taught by BC Housing. More information can be found here.
No charge, contact the Emergency Program Coordinator for more information or to register.
Preparedness begins at home! Are you prepared to look after your families needs for at least 72 hours?
KNOW THE RISKS. MAKE A PLAN. GET A KIT.
Emergency Support Services (ESS) (formerly Emergency Social Services)
Emergency Program Reference Documents
- Bowen Island Municipality Emergency Program Regulatory Bylaw #428, 2016
- Bowen Island Emergency Management Plan 2007
- Bowen Island Emergency Management Plan 2007 Appendices
- Bowen Island Hazard, Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (HRVA), 2018
- BC Emergency Program Act and Regulations
Last Updated on 2018-11-11 at 3:04 PM