ALERT: New Province-wide COVID-19 restrictions in effect
By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), all individuals, places of work and businesses in B.C. must significantly reduce their level of social interactions and travel to prevent the spread of COVID-19, effective now and until December 7, 2020. Please see the BC COVID-19 Resources page for full details.
Bowen Island Municipality Emergency Program
The Emergency Program plans for the response to and recovery from emergencies and disasters in order to help to protect the health and safety of Bowen Island residents.
The Program was created in 2017 through Bowen Island Municipality Emergency Program Regulatory Bylaw #428, 2016 (consolidated November 2019).
The Emergency Program continues to address COVID-19 on multiple fronts including through:
- Actioning recommendations from EOC Advanced Planning and After Action Reports
- Supporting Business Continuity Planning for local essential service providers
- Adjudicating grants as part of the Bowen Island Community Foundation's Resiliency Fund committee
- Purchasing 4 pulse-oximeters for lending from the Med-Shed as part of second wave planning
- Supporting the NERPs in their information kiosk building project and outreach
- Actively monitoring the situation and disseminating information to the public through BIM communications channels
Fore more information, please visit Bowen Island Municipality's COVID-19 webpage.
Emergency Program Publications
Evacuation Plan, 2020
This plan provides BIM, response agencies & partners a practical guide to conducting an evacuation of all or part of Bowen Island.
In June 2020, BIM held a Question & Answer session on the the draft Evacuation Plan for Bowen Island. It included a short presentation by the Emergency Program Coordinator, Planner 1 and the marine evacuation modeler and was followed by a question and answer session with panelists.
Watch the recording on YouTube
Emergency Management Plan, 2020
The Emergency Management Plan for BIM describes the structure and organization of BIM's response to an emergency.
Tsunami Hazard and Risk Assessment, 2019
This research was undertaken in order to better understand the tsunami threat to Bowen Island.
Hazard, Risk and Vulnerability Assessment, 2018
An HRVA is a foundational document that assists in planning for emergencies.
Bowen Island Emergency Guide, 2018
This guide was produced for residents and provides information on local risks, how to prepare for emergencies on Bowen and local emergency organizations. We hope to update this guide in 2021!
In the news
Other relevant regional plans:
Last Updated on 2020-09-29 at 3:41 PM